The less electricity you use, the fewer panels you will need!
So, how do you use less electricity?
Well, by having an energy efficient home. So many appliances now are energy efficient. Like, everything with “ENERGY STAR”, I am sure you have heard of it!
So what is efficiency? Efficiency is using relatively less energy to accomplish a given task. There are so many ways you can reduce the electrical load of your house. Let’s take a look at some of the most common ways to do that:
- Replace incandescent lights with fluorescent or LED bulbs,
- Replace old appliances (refrigerators, computers, pool pumps, etc.) with Energy Star models
- Improve the building envelope by sealing cracks and holes in the walls and building frame
- Put electronic devices on power strips and turn them off when not in use. So many equipment we do not use or turn the appliance off still draws power, best way to avoid that is to unplug those equipment or well, power strips.
- Upgrade heating/cooling systems
- INSTALL SOLAR PANELS!!!